Tuesday, December 9, 2014

                               

                                     Reflection Post


        Now and days technology is a big thing in the education world. Teachers have to learn how to use Smart Boards, PowerPoint, websites, and lesson plans. EME 2040 (Introduction to Technology For Educators) is an excellent class to help future teachers have more knowledge about the technology use as a teacher. I have to say this class has been the most interesting out of all my other ones this semester.
       First thing is the textbook for this class. It is filled we a lot of information but some things that are in there are not. In Chapter 7 it was about gaming and it changed my mind about gaming. I have always thought that gaming can effect the student and as a teacher I did not my students to do it in school. But, now this chapter made me understand that some gaming can be very helpful. Each chapter that is this textbook calls for you to do a Digital Badge. All of the digital Badges are posted here http://katiebug120694.blogspot.com/ , my favorite one out of these is Digital Badge #D.  Because of these Digital Badges, it helped me figure out Prezi and Emaze more so I can use it for my students.
        For EME the discussion part was not my biggest fan. I look at the comments now and realize some things that I could have done differently. Replying to a classmate about there discussion was sometimes scare because you do not know the person and you do not want to hurt his or hers feelings. So that part I did not like to much but I still tried to complete the assignment.
      There was one assignment that I really liked and that was making a rubric. I thought this was an awesome assignment because teachers have to learn how to do a rubric the best that the can and it is not easy. I will admit that they are hard to do and I'm hoping they get easier as the years go bye.
      One thing that I loved about this class was there was no test and it was the best. But one thing that I would do differently would be changing the Digital Badge. We had the same assignment for Digital Badge for every chapter. I was hoping instead of three things that I would like to further learning about, it would be like three things you didn't like about this chapter or three things you liked about this chapter.
       On the Syllables there was learning outcomes and assessment. I think this class did COM, CT, TIM, and GSR. The one that we motley used because of  digital badge is critical thinking. Also, the learning outcomes shows seven different outcomes and they were all great ones. We did everyone one in this class and I did not realize we did all that.
       This was a really good class to take and I learned a lot. It helped to have a awesome teacher that was extremely helpful and if I needed to she would let me redo an assignment. I would highly recommend a person to take Mrs. Coleman's class. Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment